If a serious incident or injury occurs at, or is related to, a declared dam you must report it to Dams Safety NSW as soon as possible after the incident by calling 0403 681 645 (24 hours/7 days a week)
You must also complete and submit the online Incident reporting form no more than 72 hours after the incident, even if you have already called us to report it.
The online form meets the requirement for dam owners to provide a written report of an incident to Dams Safety NSW as per Clause 19 of the Dams Safety Regulation 2019.
You must also call 0403 681 645 to make an oral report as soon as possible if there is
- a dam failure
- an incident that causes the owner to become aware that the dam is likely to fail
- an incident that results in the death or serious injury of a person, or resulted in significant damage to property or the environment
- a significant failure or inadequacy of a part of the dam safety management system that could potentially have caused an incident that would result in death, serious injury, or significant damage to property or the environment
- a suspected terrorist attack
- an incident related to dam safety that is reasonably likely to cause concern to members of the public.
Please ensure you have activated your dam's emergency plan as required.
If you want to tell us any other infromation as part of the reporting process that does not fit on the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dams Safety NSW may request more information from you if needed.
By sending an incident report to Dams Safety NSW, you acknowledge that you have entered all required information truthfully and accurately to the best of your knowledge.